Cover photo made possible by PNG TREE.
Share this knowledge!
ClickBank is a marketplace or affiliate marketers and product creators. It is not a platform where you make money. Instead, it is a platform where you can find products to sell so you can make money.
But how is it done? How can you make money with ClickBank?
Today, I will show you how to make money with ClickBank step by step.
We will discuss:
- What is ClickBank?
- How to look for products on ClickBank
- How to get an affiliate link from ClickBank
- How to cloak the affiliate link
- Ways to market your affiliate links
Let us get started!
What is ClickBank?
ClickBank is a marketplace where you can find products to sell. Those who have created a software or a product need marketers. In return, they will pay these marketers a commission for each sale they make.
Instead of creating their own affiliate marketing platform, these companies would rather outsource this technical problem to ClickBank.
This is what they do:
- They register the product in the system
- They program how much commission to give
- They provide marketing materials
- They pay ClickBank for the service
As an affiliate marketer, you can join ClickBank for free. What you need to do is to look for products that you believe you can sell to your audience.
In a nutshell, here is what happens:
- You choose a product
- You register for the affiliate program of that product
- You receive your affiliate link
- You market this link
- People click on your link
- If they buy, you get a commission
ClickBank is the company that processes all these. It is the system that gives you the affiliate link. It is also the system that tracks your clicks and your sales. Also, it is the system that disburses the payment for your sales.
So, to clear up the confusion, ClickBank is not a place where you make money. It is only a place where you can find goods to sell.
Naturally, you can expect the product creators themselves to sell their goods. Many people think that this is a problem, but it really isn’t.
The internet is huge, and there is an unlimited market for one product. Besides, it is really up to you to make your stales strategy work. What you should be aiming for is targeting the right audience and creating a sales page that converts.
How to look for products on ClickBank
Once you have completed your registration, you need to click on the Marketplace link at the top as shown below.
After doing this, you will find yourself on the marketplace page. Below is an example:
The things that you see on the left are niches. You can click on these niches, or you can find products by using the search box found at the top right.
In this ClickBank tutorial, let us say that we want to sell Betting Systems. If we click on that, the screen is going to change, and you will see a list of all the products that you can sell under this category.
Here is a screenshot:
Now, before you start selling, you need to understand some of the key features on this page. We will start with the sliders on the left.
- Gravity – this is a measurement of how well a product is selling. A gravity of 100 means that the product is hot and that a lot of customers are purchasing it. The gravity tells you if the product is good. If it is good, then it has a demand. The higher the gravity, the more in-demand a product is.
- Avg $/Sale – this is the average amount of money that a customer pays. It is averaged because some products have upsells or tiered product lines. This number will help you decide if your target customers can afford the cost of the product.
- Initial$/Sale – this is the dollar amount of what you earn. It is an average and it is shown that way because some companies have different price points. If the companies committed to 20% offering, then the percentage would vary based on what a customer paid.
- Avg Rebill Total – this is the average amount of money that a company charges for a recurring payment from the customer. Most of the time, a subscription-based product means that you may receive a recurring commission.
- Avg %/Sale – this is the commission amount in percentage per sale. If you want higher commissions, you can use this slider to see only products that have high commissions.
- Avg % Rebill – this is the percentage of commission that you will earn every month a customer pays for the subscription. You see, some companies may offer a 50% commission rate on the first payment, but only 10% on the succeeding payments.
- Date Added to Marketplace – this is the date that the product is added to ClickBank. It does not mean that the product is new. However, if you choose a recently-added product, it means that you can get ahead over the other affiliate marketers.
Al these sliders are filters. Use them to make the marketplace show you only the kind of products you want to promote based on these conditions.
How to get an affiliate link from ClickBank
Now that you know how to filter the products, the next step is to choose one. In our example, let us choose the Betting Gods product.
As you can see in the screenshot below, the company has an affiliate page. What you need to do is to click on this link.
Most of the time, companies that have a page like this require you to register for an affiliate account on their page. Some want to check your website first before they approve you.
If you click on the company’s affiliate page, you will see this:
The register button is at the top right. If you want to know more about the company’s commission rate, or if it has great marketing materials or support, just scroll down and read.
The other way to get an affiliate link is to click the “Promote” button on ClickBank. See the screenshot below:
Now, after clicking this, ClickBank is going to open a new window where you will see this:
You do not need to fill out the ID. You only use that if you have several marketing channels for promoting the same product, and you want to track how each one is performing.
Click on Generate Hoplinks and you will see this:
This link is your affiliate link. You need to use this in your promotions. It is your identifier. It tells the ClickBank system that if the customer clicked this link, it is a traffic or sale referral that came from you.
You can hide it inside an anchor text in your blog post. It is going to look like this:
If a person clicks on this anchor text, the browser will take him to this page:
As you can see, the customer sees the same website. But if you look at the URL, it says “HOP=”.
The text after the equal sign is my ClickBank ID. If the customer signs up for this program, how much will I earn?
As what we have seen in the system, I will get paid 50% commission, or $8.32 per sale. Also, this company offers 50% commission on a monthly basis.
Now, what if we use our hop link on YouTube or other social media? The hoplinks are too long, and they look suspicious. Because of that, people may not click on our links.
What we need to do is to mask our link or cloak it. The best way to do it is by using a service like BITLY.
How to cloak the affiliate link
To cloak or mask your affiliate link, you need to go to Bitly. Once you have registered for an account, just click on the Create button at the top right as shown below:
After that, just paste the long URL in the box, and Bitly will create a shortened version as shown below:
You have the option to change the 2YAfA9X into something that looks better, but you cannot change the part that says BIT.LY/.
Once you have this link, just click on the Save button and it will be in your dashboard. Do not close your BITLY account, and do not change this link. If you do, all the links that you posted online before the change will no longer work.
This shortened link is what you will post on your social media posts like on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and more.
Ways to market your affiliate links
Now that you know how to choose products from ClickBank, the last step is to market these products. But how?
Here are the most effective ways to do it:
- Landing pages – these are single-pages where you write a long advertising copy. A landing page has a link that will take your site visitor to the company’s product page. If your site visitor clicks on this link, he will find himself on the company’s website. If he buys, you get a commission.
- Blog – the next most effective way to sell an affiliate product is through blogging. If you blog, what you need is traffic. You can write about the pros and cons of the product you are selling, or you can write a review. Somewhere on your blog post, you need to use a button or anchor text where you embed your affiliate link.
- Forums – these are websites where people ask a question and other users provide an answer. The way it works is that you provide an answer and you leave your affiliate link somewhere in the answer as an anchor text. If a person clicks on it and he buys, you will get a commission.
Not all forums approve of affiliate links. Some do not allow it. Read the terms and conditions before you leave links on forum sites.
There are other ways to promote your links. The most common are paid ads where you launch ads on Facebook or Google. Others just build a following on social media. Some use ClickBank email marketing. Whatever it is, focus in two to three channels only.
If you use several marketing channels right away, you may get overwhelmed if you do not get to see results.
Summary: How can you make money with ClickBank?
ClickBank is one of the biggest affiliate marketing networks in the world. You can find all types of products here—from e-commerce courses to physical products.
All affiliate marketers start on ClickBank because it is easy to use. To become and expert in ClickBank, you have to take a FREE online course in affiliate marketing the Affiliate Bootcamp training of Russel Brunson and his team.
If you are a beginner, I encourage you to explore ClickBank and find products that belong your niche. Furthermore, register in ClickBank University so you can enhance your affiliate marketing skills.
Now that you know how can you make money with ClickBank, the next step is to take action!
My Recommended Tools
Why waste time and spend thousands of dollars when I already did? Stop wasting your money testing tools that do not work. I already did that. Check my recommended tools so you get only the best.
Store & Blog Builder
SEO & Marketing
Education & Self-Improvement
Videography & Animation
Your opinion is important
Dear Reader, before you leave this site, please fill up a short survey that will help me make Just Keep Shippin’ a better resource website for e-commerce enthusiasts like you.
In return, I will give you either a free membership or a free eBook course once these products are ready. The development of these products will depend on what you have to say in the survey.