Shopify themes have a newsletter email subscription form that you can put at the bottom of the website. But this is not enough. You need something else because these newsletter forms are generic and are not flexible.
There are hundreds of email marketing apps in Shopify, so what should you choose? I have tested several of them, and today you will see my top picks.
- Jilt Email Marketing
I boiled it down to five only to make it easier for you to make a selection.
If you do not have one yet, you need to decide today. Email marketing is one of the most powerful marketing strategies out there. They are much more targeted.
Because people subscribe to your email list are interested in what you have to say, and they are interested in what you have to offer.
If you do paid ads, chances are your ads will get impressions on the feeds of consumers who have no interest. But with email marketing, you already got one foot at the door. All it takes now is to send them valuable content and attractive offers to make them buy.
Let us get started and see what these five Shopify email marketing integrations have to offer!
1. Privy Exit Pop Ups and Email
- Rating: 4.7 out of 23,268 reviews
- Price: Free to $20 per month
- Developer: Privy
Privy is not just not just one of the best Shopify email marketing apps, it is also capable of showing discounts if the system detects that your customer is about to leave the page or abandon the cart.Smart, isn’t it?
Privy is a cost-friendly app that allows you to get email subscriptions, and also automate your emails. What this means is that you can program the app to send emails to people who subscribed to your email list.
Here are the features of the Privy app:
- Customizable email subscription form
- Choose how you want it shown: pop-up, spin the wheel, banner, fly-outs, scroll boxes and more
- Create coupon codes that you can send to your email subscribers
- Target your customers according to behavior—show the offers on exit intent, based on scroll, time, device type, on what page they are, and many more
- Create automatic A/B testing of your email campaign; know which emails have higher conversion
- Add free shipping bars on selected pages if you offer it
- Create auto-responders; thank those who subscribed or offer discounts
- Create upsell marketing campaigns on your Add to Cart buttons
- Create automated emails that will be sent on schedule
- Can be integrated with Klaviyo, Mailchimp, and others
Privy is more than just an email subscription tool; it makes things easy for you as a dropshipper or store owner to grow your customer base and build a relationship with them.
Here is the price matrix:
If you are just starting out, get the free installation first. Grow your email subscriber base, and then upgrade later to the $10 plan so you can start sending emails. You cannot send emails out with the free plan, so focus your efforts on getting subscribers.
- Rating: 4.8 out of 3,293 reviews
- Price: At least $16 per month
- Developer: Omnisend
Omnisend is free to install and use. The thing is, you have to start paying a monthly fee after the 14-day free trial.
During the trial phase, you can send only up to 15,000 emails per month and 2,000 emails per day. If you take the $16/month plan, you can only send 15,000 emails per month, too.
The price matrix of Omnisend varies according to the number of people in your list. The most affordable is $16 per month with 500 emails in your list.
Here are the features of the Omnisend, one of the best Shopify email capture apps:
- 24/7 support
- Create a welcome email after the lead signs-up
- Send out emails to customers who have abandoned their carts
- Create automated emails as customers fulfill their cart orders
- Send marketing emails to drive repeat sale
- Create sign-up forms and choose how they look like
- Choose from sign-up boxes, widgets, pop-ups, and wheel of fortune games
There are three plans for Omnisend. These are Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. For the standard plan at $16 per month with 500 people on the list, you will get:
- Automated email workflows
- Segmentation of your customers
- Automation of text messages
- Sign-up forms for the email subscription
Here are the different price points for 500 subscribers:
If you want the Pro and Enterprise, you will pay either $199 or $2,000 per month. With these two, you can get Facebook custom audience, advanced workflows, web push notifications, an account manager, and more.
3. Personizely Email and Exit Pop-up
- Rating: 5.0 out of 290 reviews
- Price: At least $29 per month
- Developer: Personizely
As one of the best Shopify email marketing apps, this one has no free plan. Instead, you can use and test it during the 14-day free trial. The app is best used to convert visitors into paying customers because it has up-sell and cross-sell marketing functionalities.
Here are the features of the Shopify email pop-up app:
- Create exit intent pop-up; offer a coupon in the pop up to convert a customer who is about to abandon your store
- Capture email addresses with a pop-up sign-up form; this pop-up can also offer discounts
- Has a “recommend product” function; this will offer automatic upsells and cross-sells
- Use a countdown timer to create sense of urgency
- You can add a sales motivation bar; you can show how much more is needed to add to a cart so the customer can get free shipping
Here is the pricing page of the Personizely.
My take on this is that it is great to capture email leads, but it cannot be used to send automated emails like you would with Privy. It is one best email marketing for Shopify to convert a customer while he is in the store.
What you can do if you want to send your customers emails is to integrate this app with others like Mailchimp, Drip, Aweber, GetResponse, SendinBlue, and so much more.
GetResponse and the others are some of the most effective email marketing tools in the world, but they were not desiged for Shopify. What would happen is that you have to pay a different subscription payment for these software tools.
- Rating: 4.7 out of 375 reviews
- Price: FREE to $10 a month
- Developer: Seguno
Seguno is an app that works inside your Shopify admin page, which means you do not have to leave your Shopify store. Not that it matters a lot, but there are some who get wary if an app takes them to another website.
With Seguno, you can create a countdown timer, gather emails, send newsletters, and automate your email marketing campaigns.
Here are the features of the product:
- Use the pre-built templates for automated customer touchpoints
- Create a “coming soon” announcement
- Send welcome emails to new subscribers
- Offer discounts and send a discount reminder to your subscribers
- Send an automated “Thank you” email to customers who bought an item for the first time; do the same with repeat purchasers
- Create discount codes and coupons
- Create product recommendations as your customers are viewing items
So, how much does it cost?
The free plan in itself will deliver your basic needs. At zero monthly cost, you can gather as much as 250 emails on your list, send newsletters, and create discount codes and coupons.
Should your store grow, the $10/month plan is still low-cost and worth the money. With the paid plan, you can re-send an email to people who did not open the previous one, plus you can remove the Seguno brand.
5. Jilt Email Marketing
- Rating: 4.8 out of 621 reviews
- Price: Free to $29 per month
- Developer: Jilt
Jilt is an email marketing tool that allows you to create beautiful emails that have your product photos, plus buttons where customers can view the product. It works great for Shopify dropshippers who want to launch a massive email marketing campaign.
Here are the features of Jilt:
- Gather subscriptions for your email list
- Send announcements and newsletters
- Send emails to users who abandoned their cart
- Welcome new customers; ask customers for feedback via email, and create many more types of automated email responses
- Create email responses for buyers; these emails can be your invoices, receipts, or shipping confirmations
Here is the price matrix or Jilt:
While the app shows only a FREE and $29 plan, I need to tell you that the $29 plan is limited to 1,000 email contacts. The price will go up as you also gather more subscribers. As I tested the tool, the monthly plan will increase to $79 by the time you hit 5,000 subscribers.
Email marketing is not negotiable. It would be too costly if you depend on paid ads. If your Shopify dropshipping store is new, I strongly suggest that you pick a free plan and make the most out of it.
Once you have exhausted the maximum allowable number of contacts, upgrade your plan so you can maximize what the tool has to offer.
Remember, people who subscribe to your email list are looking for value. Do not spam them or they will unsubscribe. Send alternating value-add emails (like tips and strategies) and marketing materials so your subscribers do not get annoyed.