In the online world, the word-of-mouth is the review. If a product has positive reviews and your website displays it, chances are that your new site visitors will trust you more.
Product reviews are the best social proof for your Shopify store.
People who see positive reviews are more likely to buy.
But what Shopify review apps should you use so your customers can leave you positive feedback?
After testing several of them, the six that I recommend are:
- Loox Photo Reviews
- Reviews, Loyalty, Wishlist
Whether you want a free Shopify review app or a free one, I have you covered.
1. Stamped.IO Reviews and UGCs
- Developer: Stamped.IO
- Rating: 4.9 out of 2,586 reviews
- Price: FREE to $60 per month
Stamped not only allows you to collect product reviews, it also allows your customers to upload photos. So far, it has been downloaded more than 2,000 times, and it is one of the highest-ranking review apps in the Shopify app exchange.
Apart from collecting reviews, you can conduct surveys to get your net promoter score, run questions and answers, and collect reviews not just from your store but from other platforms like Facebook, Amazon, Etsy, and more.
Here are the features of Stamped:
- Easy to set up
- Works great even on mobile devices
- Choose from several on-site displays of your reviews
- Customizable design so it will fit your brand and color schemes
- You can choose what reviews to publish; get rid of trolls!
- Allow or disallow commenting
- Has a search button where customers can search for reviews
- Supports 15+ languages that include German and French
- Has social sharing
Here are the plans:
Not all of these features are available at the free version. Check out the pricing above. If you are not yet making any money from your store, I suggest that you get the free one, then move on to the Starter Plan later on. The free version should be enough to deliver what you need.
Build your website the way you want it for only $49 a year.
2. Loox Photo Reviews
- Developer: Loox
- Rating: 4.9 out of 3,347 reviews
- Price: $9.99 per month and up
Loox is one of the most downloaded Shopify review app. While it has no free version, it offers a 14-day free trial. The cost for the lowest plan is $9.99, and this allows you to send up to 100 emails to your customers.
This email is one that you send out to your buyers where you are requesting them to leave a review
Here are the features of Loox:
- Easy 1-click install and set-up
- Allows photo reviews where your customers can upload images
- Import product reviews to Shopify; import existing product reviews from AliExpress***
- Customizable to fit theme colors
- 100% mobile-friendly
- You can automate the email reminders
- You have the option to offer reviewers a discount on their next purchase
- Decide which reviews get published and which ones you want to delete
- Reply to reviews if you want
- Customers can leave reviews without pictures
- You can share the reviews on social media
- Reviews can be shown as pop-ups, on the side bar, or as a widget
***The AliExpress reviews are already existing reviews from products that you are dropshipping from AliExpress.
Let us say you are selling a product from AliExpress that already has reviews, but you have not sold one yet from your store, the reviews from AliExpress will be visible on your store.
Here are the plans:
Learn How to Explode Your Traffic
Rating: 4.9 out of 1,662 reviews
Price: FREE to $15 per month
Judge.me is an app where your customers can sign the review from the email body itself. What happens is you automate the email asking your customers for feedback, and then they will leave the review from there.
Here are the features of Judge.me
- Choose the type of review you want—with photo, text only, or with video
- No limits on the review emails you can send out
- Choose how you want the review displayed on your store—carousel, all reviews, or floating tabs
- Create question and answer forms that your customers can fill out
- Shareable on social media sites like Facebook and Pinterest
Check out the pricing table below:
You can program this app to automatically share new reviews on your social media channels. Save time by not posting the reviews manually. With Judge.me, you can also customize the review and forms to match your website’s theme.
The reviews are available on 31 languages, and it is great if you are dropshipping worldwide. The app will add a rich snippet on Google, which means there will be five stars under your product name in Google search.
4. Reviews, Loyalty, Wishlist
Rating: 5.0 out of 882 reviews
Price: FREE to $299 per month
Do not panic; you do not have to pay $299 per month for this app. If you are an enterprise, then sure, take the most expensive plan. But if you are a small or medium business, you have other plans to choose from.
Apart from being a review app, this allows your customers to have a wish list, and you can also create loyalty programs to increase your sales.
Here are the features of the app:
- Create loyalty plans and a rewards program
- Collect reviews automatically; no need to send a manual email
- Create questions on forms for your customers to fill out
- You can send emails to consumers who abandoned their shopping cart
- Customers can log in to the review with their social media accounts
- You can integrate it with Instagram and turn your Instagram account into a shop
Take a look at the app’s plans below.
As you can see, you do not have to buy the most expensive plan. The free one will do, and you also get to test it for 30 days. As your store grows, you can add the loyalty and rewards after upgrading to the Starter Plan.
Dropship from US/EU Suppliers!
Rating: 4.6 out of 1,713 reviews
Price: FREE with External Charges
Yotpo is 100% free. With this Shopify review app, you can collect reviews and ratings, create a Q&A on your home page or product pages, and also add reviews on your social sales channels.
Here are the features of Yotpo:
- Collect reviews and photos from your buyer
- Show the reviews on the product pages to improve conversion
- Show review snippets in Google search results
- Use its analytics to make better business decisions
- Integrate with more than 10 apps
Yotpo offers a completely free plan. But if you want, it does have what is called a Growth Plan that stats at $29 per month. With this plan, you will get added benefits like photo reviews, carousel presentations, coupons and discounts for your reviewers, email upsells, and more.
Rating: 4.9 out of 669 reviews
Price: FREE to $5.99 per month
Rivyo’s free plan is enough to run a review campaign for your store. But if you want more juice, get the Advance Plan. As far as reviews are concerned, Rivyo is one of the best Shopify apps for dropshipping.
Here are the features of Rivyo:
- Import reviews from AliExpress (show reviews from AliExpress on your store even if you have not sold anything yet)
- Display the reviews in any part of your dropshipping store
- Display a review or star rating on Google search
- Customize the color to match your store’s theme
- Create a question to get feedback about the product; very important if you are dropshipping products that you did not buy yourself
- Export review data on CSV format
Take a look at Rivyo’s pricing plans:
Rivyo also offers live support so you can get help if you have issues like installation or placement.
Shopify Product Review Apps: Conclusion
Reviews are critical for an online shop. It is not like as if people will share their purchases on social media all the time. This is why reviews are integral to big stores like Amazon and eBay. Reviews help site visitors make decisions.
There are dozens upon dozens of Shopify apps for product reviews. You do not have to spend a fortune to get one.
The best thing you can do is to look forward, and see if there are other apps you want to install in the future. For example, a loyalty program.
In this case, it is better to have an app that combines the review and loyalty program. But if you only want one, then choose the free review apps and upgrade later on as the need arises.
6 of the Best Shopify Affiliate Marketing Apps: Attract Marketers to Promote Your Products!
Dropshipping Plan: What Do You Need to Prepare Before Starting a Dropshipping Business?
How to Get Traffic from Pinterest to Your Online Store and Blog
My Recommended Tools
Why waste time and spend thousands of dollars when I already did? Stop wasting your money testing tools that do not work. I already did that. Check my recommended tools so you get only the best.
Store & Blog Builder
SEO & Marketing
Education & Self-Improvement
Videography & Animation
Your opinion is important
Dear Reader, before you leave this site, please fill up a short survey that will help me make Just Keep Shippin’ a better resource website for e-commerce enthusiasts like you.
In return, I will give you either a free membership or a free eBook course once these products are ready. The development of these products will depend on what you have to say in the survey.